Check out a topic from our new ‘Remote Workers Mental Health Induction’ course addressing ‘Isolation & Mental Health.’
Our full Remote Workers Mental Health Induction includes in-depth information on maintaining structure, managing stress & anxiety, the importance of sleep, building resilience, preparing employees for remote work & much more
Isolation & Mental Health Guide
Submit your details to receive an obligation free trial of the full Remote Workers Mental Health Induction
Every employee deserves to work in a Mentally Well Workplace.
*Please note, in light of current global circumstances, our teams are delivering mental health workshops online for employees to access from any device and from any location. Our online Mental Health and Resilience Inductions are also the perfect courses to undertake for remote and work from home employees*
We can help your business create one via evidence based mental health inductions, surveys, mental health workshops & accredited mental health first aid courses.
“The remote working induction has been a positive tool for everyone, helping them to identify ways they can work smarter from home.
The whole team has come back with some fantastic ideas and actions to put in place to ensure they are not only working more productively but also ensuring they are creating a good work/home life balance and keeping themselves happy and healthy.”
“After using CDC as our Employee Assistance provider for over 12 months it was without hesitation that our organisation put the staff through their online mental health awareness induction.
This program has been highly beneficial in ensuring the team can now draw on evidence based tools to help themselves and their team members. Not only has it given staff the vital tools, it has also helped create transparent and healthy conversations surrounding Mental Illness”
Learn more about Mentally Well Workplaces
Why Do We Need Mentally Well Workplaces?
Our mission is to help all Australian businesses to create a ‘Mentally Well Workplace’ which allows individuals, teams and workplaces to flourish.
Australian businesses need this because:
- Workplace claims for mental injury in Australia average $24,500 compared to $9,000 for all other claims
- The average time off work for employees with a mental injury is 15.3 weeks compared to 5.5 weeks for all other claims
- The total cost to the Australian economy of mental ill-health is $12.8 billion each year
- Only 20% of employers offer mental health awareness initiatives and training, however 88% of employees want more dialogue surrounding mental health.
The benefits are strong:
- If employers can deliver mentally well workplaces they could realistically see workforce participation rates improve by 30%
- Companies that improve their workplaces & invest time, resources & money into their employees mental wellness are likely to expect a return of $2.30 for every one dollar invested (PwC, 2014).
- Committed employees are 87% less likely to resign (statistics courtesy of Allianz’s Awareness Into Action Report, Jan 2019)