Creating Mentally Well Workplaces across Australia via evidence based mental health inductions, mental health workshops & globally accredited mental health first aid courses.
- Did you know that the average person will spend over 35% of their total life, or approximately 90,000 hours of their lifetime in some form of employment?
- Considering over 1/3 of your life is spent working, don’t you deserve to work in a place that promotes and respects mental wellness?
- Our mission is to help all Australian businesses to create a ‘Mentally Well Workplace’ which allows careers, teams and individuals to flourish in a supportive environment, free of discrimination and stigma which often surrounds mental illnesses.
- A mentally well workplace will increase employee productivity, lower absenteeism and turnover whilst reducing mental health related workers compensation
- Companies that look to improve their workplaces and invest time, resources and money into their employees mental wellness and similar programs, are likely to expect a return of $2.30 for every one dollar invested (PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2014).
Learn more about Mentally Well Workplaces
What is a ‘Mentally Well Workplace’ & how can you help create one?
- A Mentally Well Workplace is one that actively encourages and promotes positive mental health for all their employees and relevant stakeholders.
- A Mentally Well Workplace reduces psychological health and safety risks for employees and encourages mentally healthy work practices whilst implementing mental health policies and procedures.
- A Mentally Well Workplace will have at least the same number of Mental Health First Aiders as Physical First Aiders.
- A Mentally Well Workplace allows employees access to readily available mental health resources such as written guides, videos, medical experts, online communities, mental health first aiders, webinars and more.
- A Mentally Well Workplace encourages its employees and stakeholders to undertake modern mental health practices whilst also supporting and enabling recovery and modern return to work processes.
- A Mentally Well Workplace is free of discrimination and affords employees who have experienced mental illness, a workplace that is non judgemental whilst encouraging active workplace and team participation.