Creating Mentally Well Workplaces across Australia via evidence based mental health inductions, surveys, mental health workshops & accredited mental health first aid courses.
Why Do We Need Mentally Well Workplaces?
Our mission is to help all Australian businesses to create a ‘Mentally Well Workplace’ which allows individuals, teams and workplaces to flourish.
Australian businesses need this because:
- Workplace claims for mental injury in Australia average $24,500 compared to $9,000 for all other claims
- The average time off work for employees with a mental injury is 15.3 weeks compared to 5.5 weeks for all other claims
- The total cost to the Australian economy of mental ill-health is $12.8 billion each year
- Only 20% of employers offer mental health awareness initiatives and training, however 88% of employees want more dialogue surrounding mental health.
The benefits are strong:
- If employers can deliver mentally well workplaces they could realistically see workforce participation rates improve by 30%
- Companies that improve their workplaces & invest time, resources & money into their employees mental wellness are likely to expect a return of $2.30 for every one dollar invested (PwC, 2014).
- Committed employees are 87% less likely to resign (statistics courtesy of Allianz’s Awareness Into Action Report, Jan 2019)