Online Mental Health First Aid Courses
Upcoming Online Public MHFA Courses: (2 x consecutive Instructor led classes from AEDT 10.00am to 12.30pm via Zoom).
- February 1st and 2nd – Limited places available
- February 15th-16th – Places available
- March 8th-9th – Places available
- March 22nd-23rd – Places available
Trusted by respected organisations such as:
Our Principal Master MHFA Trainers can deliver Mental Health First Aid online to your employees across Australia
Mentally Well Workplaces believes that every Australian company should have a Mental Health First Aider and we are excited to announce we can deliver the new Blended Online MHFA Community Course online to people across Australia.
If you have access to a desktop, tablet or mobile device, you can undertake this much needed and highly sought after official Mental Health First Aid Course with our Principal Master Trainers.
In Australia, it is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost our workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year in relation to work related mental stress and leave. Therefore, we recommend more companies explore modern and effective mental health strategies such as MHFA online to ensure that you can address any mental health issues that may arise in your place of work.
The Online MHFA program will be delivered in two parts:
1) The first component is an e-learning component through MHFA and takes approximately 5 to 7 hours to complete.
This e-learning component does not need to be completed in one sitting and you can save your work and come back to it to pace out the learning. This will be uploaded onto the MHFA website for participants by the end of this week and we will contact you with details around how to access it.
2) Once you have completed the eLearning component and have a certificate of completion you are then required to attend 2 x Instructor led sessions through video-conferencing (Zoom) which will each be 2.5 hours.
You must complete all e-learning and attend both online classes to obtain accreditation.
The full cost of the course is $298 + GST (This includes a $88 payment to MHFA to access their e-learning platform and the postage of an official manual). For groups of 8 or more, we will send the manuals to a head office or main address.
An organisation that is proactive in addressing mental health is likely to see many benefits, including:
- Lowering employee absenteeism
- Reducing staff turnover
- Creating a more productive workplace
- Increasing work performance
- And even potentially avoiding future litigation
Our trainers are all Principal Master Instructors (the highest qualifications in MHFA) and are well equipped to run through a variety of preventative strategies regarding mental health, including:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Traumatic events
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use and substance use problems
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Severe psychotic states
- Panic attacks
- Anxiety problems