Mentally Well Workplaces believes that every Australian company should have a Mental Health First Aider and we are excited to announce we can deliver the new Blended Online MHFA Community Course online to people across Australia.
If you have access to a desktop, tablet or mobile device, you can undertake this much needed and highly sought after official Mental Health First Aid Course with our Principal Master Trainer.
In Australia, it is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost our workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year in relation to work related mental stress and leave. Therefore, we recommend more companies explore modern and effective mental health strategies such as MHFA online to ensure that you can address any mental health issues that may arise in your place of work.
The new online MHFA program will be delivered in two parts:
1) The first component is an e-learning component through MHFA and takes approximately 5 to 7 hours to complete.
This e-learning component does not need to be completed in one sitting and you can save your work and come back to it to pace out the learning. This will be uploaded onto the MHFA website for participants by the end of this week and we will contact you with details around how to access it.
2) Once you have completed the eLearning component and have a certificate of completion you are then required to attend 2 x Instructor led sessions through video-conferencing (Zoom) which will each be 2.5 hours.
You must complete all e-learning and attend both online classes to obtain accreditation.
The full cost of the course is $220 (inc GST) this includes a $55 payment to MHFA to access e-learning.
An organisation that is proactive in addressing mental health is likely to see many benefits, including:
- lowering employee absenteeism
- reducing staff turnover
- creating a more productive workplace
- increasing work performance
- and even potentially avoiding future litigation
Our trainer is an extremely qualified and personable Principal Master Mental Health First Aid Instructor, with over twenty five years experience in Mental Health in both the UK and Australia, and are well equipped to run through a variety of preventative strategies regarding mental health, including:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Traumatic events
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use and substance use problems
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Severe psychotic states
- Panic attacks
- Anxiety problems
It is time Australian workplaces took Mental Health seriously
Please feel free to give us a call on 07 3355 6688 to discuss a plan for your workplace or fill in the form and we will be in contact as soon as possible