Mental health is becoming more acknowledged and spoken of in our workplaces, and the statistics that drive this discussion are worrying, for example:
- The total cost to the Australian economy of mental ill-health is $12.8 billion each year
- The average time off work for employees with a mental injury is 15.3 weeks compared to 5.5 weeks for all other claims
- Workplace claims for mental injury in Australia average $24,500 compared to $9,000 for all other claims
- Only 20% of employers offer mental health awareness initiatives and training, however 88% of employees want more dialogue surrounding mental health.
However if employees can gain access to effective and evidence based training, such as our online Mental Health Induction eLearning course, then important improvements can be made
- If employers can deliver mentally well workplaces they could realistically see workforce participation rates improve by 30%
- Companies that improve their workplaces & invest time, resources & money into their employees mental wellness are likely to expect a return of $2.30 for every one dollar invested (PwC, 2014).
- Committed employees are 87% less likely to resign (statistics courtesy of Allianz’s Awareness Into Action Report, Jan 2019)
Whilst face to face and interpersonal training is a great way to engage with employees surrounding mental health, there are occasions when online training is a more convenient, effective and reliable source of training.
Our mental health eLearning course provides employees with instant access to an evidence base via a smartphone, tablet or desktop advice. The course can be logged into at anytime from any location, and provides engaging animated videos to cater for modern learning styles.
Employees can log in via our website, ir you may choose to request SCORM files for your own LMS (Learning Management System).
- An organisation that is proactive in addressing mental health s likely to see many benefits, including:
- lowering employee absenteeism
- reducing staff turnover
- creating a more productive workplaces
- increasing work performance
- and even potentially avoiding future litigation
It is time Australian workplaces took Mental Health seriously!
Please feel free to give us a call on 07 3355 6688 to discuss a tailored mental health eLearning course for your workplace.